On behalf of social landlord Regenda Homes, we are carrying out External Wall Insulation (EWI) to around 600 properties in Wyre, Lancashire, as part of a £10 million investment project. This three year project also includes the replacement of roofs and some window and door replacements.
The extraction of existing cavity fill began in July 2017, and the installation of cavity tie replacements took place at the same time. This work has been carried out by Extract North East Ltd, and was overseen by M&Y Maintenance and Construction.
We started replacing roofs in October, and technicians from M&Y began installing EWI to properties in November 2017.
The work we are carrying out has a number of benefits for Regenda Homes residents, including:
• Saving money on heating bills
• Reducing heat loss through walls
• Improving energy efficiency
• Reducing condensation and damp
• Reducing noise levels
• Improving the external appearance of homes
• Improving the appearance of neighbourhoods.